The ZB-TC module is a ZigBee (WiFi) transceiver that can be used (in a pair) to communicate data from a probe to its reading unit.
Different versions are available, depending on the used components and the scope of the device. For example, a ZB-TC allows the communication with a Mercury GMP probe + PS-ZB accessory or in general with a probe, installing a module at each end of the wireless bridge.
Optionally, it is possible to mount two modules in a single box (ZB-TC II), typically with trolley-mounted double probe devices (as an alternative to using a single module for each probe).
The ZB-TC module is composed of the main parts here listed:
- XBee Interface: wireless communication circuit where the XBee module is installed
- Host PC Interface: interface with the device (reading unit/probe) fitted for RS232 and USB
- Peripheral Interface: interface with the device (reading unit/probe) alternative to the previous one, fitted for RS485, RS 422 and RS232
The examples represent the more frequent cases, using images of specific instruments; the ZB-TC module can be used with: NAUSICAA series, ICP series, MERCURY GMP-WR, LUPIN series.
- ZB-TC I: single module for wireless communication between PC and detector
With NAUSICAA and SATURN+probe, a direct connection with the PC is possible.
- ZB-TC I: single module for wireless communication between ratemeter and detector
The SATURN ratemeter can be connected to all the probes listed before.
- ZB-TC II: double module for wireless communication between double probe trolley and detectors
Double version for double probe trolleys with remote detectors.