RadHAND 600 PRO is a novel handheld instrument able to combine, for the first time, state-of-the-art spectroscopic radiation measurements with scintillation detectors and UHF RFID technology for easy tracking of the measured items.
RadHAND 600 PRO helps the operator to fully characterize and track objects, surfaces, radioactive waste and any type of item that could be produced and measured in Decommissioning & Dismantling activities or in Nuclear Power Plants environment.
Being part of the CAENSYS DigiWaste platform, the device inserts measured data and sample information into a central database and, at the same time, write the main information in the memory of selected rad tolerant RFID tags that are part the CAENSYS RadRFID family.
Operators can access the central management database both locally with CAENSYS RadREAD devices or remotely via dedicated web service at any time.
A suite of additional external probes able to be controlled by RadHAND 600 PRO via USB will also be available.
- Dose Rate meter
- Identification of radioactive sources, contaminated objects and hotspots for waste analysis and radioprotection in dismantling and decommissioning applications
- Possibility for quantitative analysis in predefined geometries
- UHF RFID tagging of the measured items and storage of most sensitive data in RFID tag
- Full description of measured items and transmission of data to remote database
- Survey and tracking of waste until final disposal
- Combination of radiometric measurements and GPS information for geo-referenced mapping
- Periodic control of spots and check points and update of measurements
- Measurement and tracking of medical and industrial radioactive items from production site to end user
Large Surface Measurement
- Characterization of large surfaces and deployment of RFID tags according to user defined surface meshing
In addition to standard supply, the following options are available upon request:
|RADHAND600PRO-22-NaI||RadHAND 600 PRO with 2“x2“ NaI(Tl) scintillation detector|
|RADHAND600PRO-31-NaI||RadHAND 600 PRO with 3“x1“ NaI(Tl) scintillation detector|
Optional external USB connectable smart probes:
- CZT for high resolution gamma spectroscopy
- Neutron detectors
- ZnS for alpha/beta