MONOLITH is a detection unit composed by a Germanium detectors with a Stirling-cycle refrigerator.
The electric cooling allows the end-user to avoid all the problems related to the liquid nitrogen cooling.
The cooling time of the detector is less than 13 hours and operation time is as long as the domestic power supply lasts.
The MONOLITH detection unit complete set is composed by the following integrated components:
- HPGe detector (GCD, GPD, GWD, GCDX)
- Preamplifier with cooling input stage
- Autonomous cooling system for the detector based on electrical machinery cooler EMC
- Controller for the operation of EMC
- Fans (2-4) for EMC cooling
MONOLITH is also available for installation in Lead shield for low-background measurements and on a mobile chart.
In addition to standard supply, the following accessories are available upon request:
- Hexagon Multichannel Analyzer
- Analytical Software packages:
- quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Gamma spectra modeling and efficiency registration calculation for complex geometry objects
- extended radionuclide library
- Collimator set
- Lead shield with supporting table
- Hand-cart or tripod