HPS – Health Physics Society 65th Annual Meeting
July 5 - July 9
Firstly, its mission is to support its members in the practice of their profession and to promote excellence in the science and practice of radiation safety.
The Health Physics Society Vision Statement
HPS will be the home for radiation safety specialists and the trusted source of radiation safety information that enables the safe use of radiation to improve people’s lives.
The Health Physics Society Mission Statement
The Health Physics Society is a professional organization whose mission is excellence in the science and practice of radiation safety. Society activities include encouraging research in radiation science, developing standards, and disseminating radiation safety information. Society members are involved in understanding, evaluating, and controlling the potential risks from radiation relative to the benefits.
The activities of the Society are those appropriate to the accomplishment of the mission including for example:
- Promoting cooperation and communication among people engaged in radiation protection activities within particular geographic or functional areas and technical specialties through chapters and sections.
- Providing for the dissemination and exchange of information through scientific and professional meetings, education, and publications.
- Encouraging scientific, professional, and public education.
- Promoting scientific research.
- Encouraging and supporting the development and use of radiation protection standards and recommendations.
- Pursuing other activities appropriate to radiation safety.
CAEN SyS at HPS
CAEN SyS first participation at the HPS was in 2017.
This time CAEN SyS will present the new GAMON platform: “Global Measurement Platform for Nuclear Safety and Security”.