bPAD is a compact microcontroller-based Single Channel Analyzer. The device contains a Preamplifier-Amplifier-Discriminator with TTL digital output. The bPAD also includes its own high voltage power supply for operating standard 14-pin photomultiplier tubes, which are commonly used with scintillator-type radiation detectors.
The device is therefore useful as a compact system to monitor the count rate in an energy region of interest. The detected signal is output as a TTL pulse, making it compatible with most industrial, environmental and laboratory counting systems. In contrast with traditional SCAs the bPAD is fully controlled by a microprocessor, providing easy setup and “smart” modes of operations. bPAD parameters can be conveniently set via USB with a PC and the provided configuration software.
bPAD can be provided with several scintillation detector assemblies. Our catalogue includes NaI(Tl), CsI(Tl), BGO, LaBr3 and CeBr3 detectors.
Standard configurations with:
- NaI(Tl), CsI(Tl) and BGO, with cylindrical volume 2”x2” or 3”x3”
- CeBr3 and LaBr3 with cylindrical volume 1.5”x1.5”
- LaBr3 with cylindrical volume 1”x1”
Other scintillators types and volumes can be provided on request.
In addition to standard supply, the following options are available upon request:
- bPAD+ : adds an extra analog pulse output, which can be connected to an external MCA for monitoring purposes,
- bPAD+VR: the extra analog output can be configured to deliver the pulse signal, as in the bPAD+, or a variable voltage level which is proportional to the discriminated count rate.
|Code||Material||Dimension||Energy Resolution FWHM at 662 keV
|BPAD-5151NAI||NaI(Tl)||2″ø x 2″h||<7.5%|
|BPAD-7676NAI||NaI(Tl)||3″ø x 3″h||<7.5%|
|BPAD-5151CS||CsI(Tl)||2″ø x 2″h||<8%|
|BPAD-7676CS||CsI(Tl)||3″ø x 3″h||<8%|
|BPAD-5151BGO||Bi4Ge3O12||2″ø x 2″h||<13%|
|BPAD-7676BGO||Bi4Ge3O12||3″ø x 3″h||<13%|
|BPAD-3838CEBR||CeBr3||1.5″ø x 1.5″h||<4.2%|
|BPAD-2525LABR||LaBr3||1″ø x 1″h||<3.5%|
|BPAD-3838LABR||LaBr3||1.5″ø x 1.5″h||<3%|